Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Time Capsule

Dear reader,

How are you? I am well, thank you. I am sorry to have not written back any sooner than I have.

With the increased pressure to post on thelooop lately, I've been somewhat pensive. And over the last few months, David's been racking up more posts than either Tim or I can poke a stick at. So here I am writing to you now, eagerly tap-tappity-tapping away at my keyboard like a technology-familiar 'beaver'.

What I should reveal though, is that - I'm having an affair. Don't look at me like that. You knew all along. I didn't deny it or try to hide it. Wh- you never asked! Oh, come now. I'm sorry... Don't cry... ...W-Who is she? ... L-L-Livejournal... I-I said LIVEJOURNAL! ... ouch, that smarts. Don't call her that, she-- No! I love you both equally! ... It's not bullshit! ... Just calm down. Look, I'm stepping away... I'll just grab my keys and I'll be back at twelve when you've calmed down a bit ...and after you've put down the knife. ... Hey! How is this conversation even taking place in a letter?! You have driven me to schizophrenia, you nut job! ... I am not changing the subject!! Anyway, that's all I had to say for now. D-...digest it... please? Look, do our two years mean nothing to you? ... I'm trying!! -f***!

..........[And end scene!]

Okay, so I started writing a letter to the reader, and it turned into half of an imaginary conversation. Anyway, it's true, I've been pampering a livejournal and paying it half my attention for the last year. And yeah, I haven't purposely been hiding it either, I posted once around August of '08 saying that I would make a livejournal and make it a dumping ground so that my posts in 'thelooop' would be only those of a more passable quality.

I also put it in our links page back then, but never mentioned it after that. And until recently, it has never been intended for an audience, in fact, there were a few times I openly discouraged an audience in my posts, and I did in fact keep comments disabled up until about six months ago.

So why now? Why is it open now?

My livejournal has developed into a more serious relationship and only until Hong posted a comment about a week ago was I struck with the fact that maybe what I write there is worth sharing after all. Maybe people out there appreciate my compulsive obsession with semantics and formatting after all... I mean I always realised I had some readers because it would come up in conversation once in a while, but with somebody as random as Hong reading, it really hit me, you know?


Anyway, I'll keep a place in my heart for both 'thelooop' and my livejournal.



EDIT: oh yeah, my livejournal is found at readaboutling.livejournal.com

.