Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DDR construction?

have a look at this picture. looks cool right?
now I'll tell you it's self-made. Whooa, impressive yeah?
and you can make it yourself!
all up, this project will cost you $400 to make.

yeah my interest dive was probably the one your having right now.
I found this link while searching for some home-made DDR 'hardmats' as they're known (or metal mats as I tend to call them). This mat not only has pop-rings for easy movement, sensory sensitivity adjustments, while being pretty damn identical to arcade ones, it also lights up real pretty with additional LEDs.

over the next few days, I'm going to try and draft my own design. There are so many things I can cut out (such as the LEDs..as pretty as they are T_T) that will reduce the cost. They have part listings there on that site too, which is pretty handy.

just imagine...ddr in your own home. *drool.

teoh,

Labels:


.