Tuesday, July 21, 2009

my ki is your ki

I've got this feeling in my stomach that something isn't quite right. It's been there since late last week, and it's not going away. For a stab, it might be uni. It could be getting used to living alone, especially after queensland. I wonder what it is..


On the bus on the right to ddr with ling, I noticed there was a myki machine installed. It's little box with an display screen, saying 'get ready for myki!'. apparently it's already been implemented in places like Geelong and Bendigo (I wonder if our dentist friends there have used it), but no date of release here in Melbourne.

It's a system used in many places over-seas, including Singapore, where you have a single card with prepaid money in it. You swipe your card when you get on, and again when you get off. The system them calculates what zones you've been on and deducts money from you. If you swipe it again 3 hours later, it will also detect this and charge you less to make the total expenses equal a daily cost. Pretty smart.

Now that I think about it, Julian used something simliar up in Queensland as well.

Btw, yes I've started using labels cause Marco has convinced me how smart they are. But I'll probably give up sometime soon.

teoh,

Labels:


.