Saturday, August 1, 2009

melon paaaan

my results of today's baking:


Got up around 9 to get things started. Failed first bowl of yeast by having not-so-warm water. So threw that out, and started another. Happily read off the recipe:

7/8 cups of water

'Oh yeah,' I thought to myself. '7 or 8 cups of water...'

Only by my 2nd cup of water did it strike me something was wrong. My bowl was overflowing already and I hadn't even reached the fourth cup. doh david, doh. *tips contents away* my mum had a good laugh about that one.

So third time lucky, managed to get up to the kneading part this time. This part was the most enjoyable. For fun, I ran my hands under hot water to try and get the famous SOLAR HANDS! Unfortunately, my hands went cold after a few seconds =[

After that, things went pretty smoothly. my sister helped me with the cookiee dough (she's the baker of the family) and I passed 2 hours of fermentation by reading my star wars books and watching naruto.

end result: salty melon bread.
why? Cause I realised I accidentally doubled the amount of salt in the dough. LOL. I'm so hopeless.

But besides that, it tasted like it should I guess. My parents actually went into the city and found it at Bread Top and brought home some. Tastes pretty much the same, but better bread ;D

It was pretty fun cooking though! Haven't done that in awhile.

teoh,

Labels:


.