Thursday, September 20, 2007

Delta and Theta

Alpha and Omega? Pft, D.T delta and theta! J/k (btw I know tau is the T greek letter, but theta sounds way cooler) Once again, this is in reply to Dimsim's post, who was nice enough to reply to my post below =] Thanks for everyone's opinions as well, and were nice enough not to flame me.

A line of one of Dimsim's paragraphs caught my eye; "...our minds are limited, we cannot imagine that the universe goes for eternity and that we live for eternity." Now, Ling had a post about imagination awhile back (it's the chinese titled one), so that leads me to kinda disagree. I think our minds are unlimited in what we can imagine or think about. I mean, thinking beyond is what leads scientist around to exploring new things, imagining beyond things that we thought not possible. I'm betting there's lots of theories about things existing beyond the big bang. I remember there was one how the universe keeps re-starting over again after eons or something rather.

Anyhow, I realised that lots of these things are rather pointless to debate about anyway. Matt is right about religion is a faith, which is all about belief in that faith. Of course people who do not believe in that faith will have something to say about it, and will always have a counter-point. Because their lack of belief simply does not give them the perspective to understand that faith and what it means. Hence I believe that you cannot be convinced, or weigh the evidence, to believe into a faith, only choose what feels right.

For the record, I am not Christian. In fact, I do not strictly follow any chosen religion. I have experienced quite a few religions around different people and find the journey to finding a faith quite interesting. I do believe there is something out there, bigger than life. While I can accept the big bang theory, I believe there was something else that begun the universe. I agree with Kayfour's comment of science and faith side-by-side. Science has it's places in our world, but faith is beyond our world.

Btw, I think the issues of dinosaurs can be safely explained sufficiently enough for either science or religion. Thanks guys :D (it was so David's reasoning that won me over)

teohsulfate,

.