Friday, August 22, 2008

Why didn't anybody ever tell me?

A letter to Life:

Dear Life,

I can't believe I've never before realised that I was such an extreme optimist.

Throughout my life, I've confidently relied on incredible amounts of luck and coincidence, (to the point where I find it to be evidence of the grace of God acting in my life,) to get to where I am today. 

And it has created in me an illegitimate and unshakeable hope that will inevitably cause unknown amounts of self-destruction which have only recently come to light.

As I have finally come to understand this, may I begin to work hard and earn the life that has been laid ahead of me, and in doing so, attempt to stem the flow of self-destruction that I await in the near future due to my past inequities.

Thanks for understanding,

Jason

PS: I guess I can see why I am not dead just yet.

...

Anyway,

To my friends,

I truly apologise for being such a slacker, it probably didn't help to see me through high school with my sad excuse for a student passing VCE and getting 95.25.

Cheers,

Jason [again, obviously]

PS: Should I be optimistic about curing my unhealthy optimism? Catch 22(?) :<


.