Friday, May 15, 2009

Hewlett Packard, Episode VI: Return of the Notebook

Well, well, well, how the turntables.

After a couple dozen emails between HP and myself over the course of 10 days or so, I have finally managed to convince them that it is a hardware issue.

'I understand from the case notes that the wireless network is not functioning properly and you have tried reseating the WLAN card. However the issue persist.

I see that you have updated the WLAN driver and removed and reseated the Wireless module but still the issue persists.
This proves us that this is the issue with the Wireless module which is faulty.
Hence please carry the notebook to the service Centre to get it services.'

- HP tech support's most recent email.

So the final step is to see if they're willing to cover the cost of repairs. If so, I'll gladly bring it to the repair center in Clayton to have it fixed.

If this follows through, it looks like I won't be getting a macbook after all then.

And as for the happenings between my second post and now... One day I might sell the movie rights to them or produce the in-between episodes when I'm a bit strapped for cash.

[EDIT]

A couple more emails later rejecting my request to have HP extend the warranty of my laptop and I finish with this.

HP: Epilogue

To put it simply, I do not wish to pay for the repairs because I believe that I have been sold a faulty notebook. 

And I am disappointed to hear that HP would not like to bear the cost, so I regret to inform you that HP will no longer be receiving my patronage in the future.

Jason Ling

***

I guess that's the end of that.


.